Friday 14 August 2020

Moany morning!

I was hoping for a quiet end to the week, but it was not to be. Kathy and I were working this morning and we had some complicated and moany calls right from the start. I took a call from a man who'd received a parking ticket last July and his tone of voice was very aggressive - he expected me to sort it out right there and then! I had difficulty explaining that he should have sought help from us as soon as he received the ticket and not left it so long, but he was having none of it, threatening to take back all of the money he'd paid for his son's membership if we didn't sort it out at once. Unfortunately, once it reaches the point where debt collection is involved, there is very little we can do, and his manner really made it difficult for me to have any sympathy.

The horrible phone calls carried on for most of the morning and our swim lesson portal was also playing up, making it difficult for us to book children onto lessons, which are starting back in September. All in all it was a difficult morning and I was glad to escape at 1pm, do some shopping for Mum to take into hospital, and head home.

After a very quick lunch, Keith and I drove to the care home, picked up a bag for Mum and took it to the hospital. I met a lovely lady called Robin who was trying to arrange a video chat between me and Mum so I said I would call her when I got home.

Keith and I went to collect Mike from the golf club and he was in a foul mood as he'd had an upset tummy all night and all day. We suspected he had a rogue prawn last night... As soon as we got home I called the hospital and they said they would call me back to do the video chat with my Mum but it never happened, unfortunately. She called me instead and sounded a bit confused, bless her. I am hoping she will be out soon.

Keith had treated us to a bottle of Aperol in Tesco the other day so it was Prosecco cocktails this evening and beef tacos for dinner. After we'd eaten Sophie and I watched the lovely film, "A Room With a View" starring Helena Bonham Carter, Maggie Smith and Judi Dench, among others. It was a lovely end to a somewhat frazzled day!

No comments: