Thursday 20 August 2020

A bit of a shock...

Today has been as beautiful as yesterday was horrible and we enjoyed clear blue skies and plenty of sunshine. Our weather can be so weird at times!

I was in at work at 8am and the calls weren't too bad today. I helped Sara with many, many emails and sped home at 2pm.

Keith and I went to get Mike from work and thankfully he was out early as I had a meeting at Mum and Dad's care home at 4.15pm. I was dreading it, to be honest, but I am so worried about my Mum at the moment and I need to speak to someone.

Keith and I headed back to Kettering and we were taken up to the lounge next to my parents' rooms. We met with with the manager and assistant manager who are as worried about her as we are. She has dropped a stone in weight since coming in and although the staff are asking whether she's eaten or drunk anything, they're not actually checking for sure.

We agreed a plan of action and then they asked if I'd like to see them both, which I was delighted about. However, when my Mum walked into the lounge both Keith and I were truly shocked by her appearance. She was very thin and her face looked gaunt. She hadn't bothered to do anything with her hair or make-up and I couldn't believe what had happened to her since I'd seen her last on Dad's birthday.

We all had a cup of tea and I tried to persuade her to eat and drink more otherwise I said she would end up back in hospital. My Dad was fine and looked great and I think my Mum is finding life very difficult at the moment. The manager had said that once they're out of isolation, we could pick them both up and take them out for lunch or a cup of tea so I told her that. I am really hoping that she'll take our words to heart and start eating properly again. We waved to them from the road outside when we left and later they called to say they were enjoying a meal, so let's hope this is the start.

Dinner tonight was baked cod with veggies and a cheese sauce and the meal was delicious. After we'd eaten Keith and I watched the next James Bond film on our list - For Your Eyes Only. ITV have very kindly decided to put all the films on each weekend so I won't have to order them from Amazon any more!

No comments: