Wednesday 26 August 2020

Eat out to help out!

The wind overnight was very strong indeed, and it woke me up at about 11.30pm. Sophie appeared in the doorway of our bedroom and said she was going to get Monty in as she was worried about him being out!

This morning it had died down considerably, but I still urged her to be careful driving to the gym. Keith said that the roads had been OK on the way to Kettering so I think we escaped fairly lightly!

I did some housework first thing and tidied up as we had the Magnet kitchen designer coming at about 10am. When she arrived she was completely different to how she was last week and was very friendly and chatty! She asked us lots of questions, measured up and said she would put something together for us to look at.

I went to work at 11.30am and work was extremely busy indeed. It was quiet at first so Denise asked one of the general assistants to bring a hoover into the office so she could vacuum the carpet, but as soon as she'd done a bit, the phones went mad! A lot of them were about the imminent return of our swimming lessons and parents desperate to get their children onto the time and day of their choice!

I took a call at 17:59:50 but thankfully the woman on the phone just wanted to know what time her child had been swimming in the past so I was able to deal with that quickly and then log off. Phew!

I sped home, did some paperwork for Mum and Dad and got ready to go out for the evening with Fiona and Lynda. Abbie was at our house and Sophie was cooking fish pie for dinner, with instructions I had provided, bless her, but she was more than capable!

Keith took me to Miller & Carter on the Round Spinney roundabout and I walked in just as Fiona arrived. We weren't allowed in the bar for a drink and we were shown straight to a table. Just above my head was a loudspeaker and the music was blaring out... I thought this wasn't allowed at the moment, as it forces people to speak more loudly, thereby possibly spreading the virus?

We asked to move and although the new table also had a speaker above, it was much quieter, thank goodness! We ordered drinks and Lynda arrived as Fiona was telling me about how ill her husband had been. The doctors kept thinking he had Covid, but he'd actually got pneumonia due to builders creating a lot of dust in their house. He was in hospital for quite a while, but is now on the mend.

We had a good look at the menus and I chose the chipotle chicken to start followed by lamb, which we all decided to have. The food was very good but I thought the main course was a bit sparse! We had a really good chat and all of us had room for dessert which, in my case, was a gorgeously gooey chocolate brownie served with ice-cream and caramel sauce.

Keith and Sophie came to collect me at about 10pm and the bill came to a much more reasonable £37 each, despite the "Eat out to help out" offer!

My Chipotle chicken starter... delicious!

Cheers!

Chocolate brownie...Mmm!

No comments: