Friday 12 July 2019

Two days in one...

On Thursday Sophie had an appointment at the surgery in Guilsborough so she went off at 8am while Keith took Mike and I to work. He did the weekly shop at Tesco and came back to pick me up at 3pm as usual. It had been really hot at work and I'd put my hair up in the end to try and cope with the muggy warmth! 

We didn't have long to wait and headed home where I pootled about doing the usual chores. I know it sounds silly, but by the time I've sorted out my lunchbox, got changed and tidied up after Mike has tramped bits of park all through the house, it's almost time for Sophie to be leaving work! Tonight she went to the gym on her way home as she hadn't gone this morning and she saw one of our senior managers there! I was shocked to be honest!

Friday rolled around again and my shift passed very quickly as I was so busy. Keith came to pick me up as he'd had to collect Mike from work early as he had a doctor's appointment to remove the stitches in his leg. The nurse had put some plasters on the wounds but I think he'll have a bit of scarring there to remind him of his silly accident!

As soon as Sophie came home we poured two glasses of wine and caught up with the semi-finals of the Men's tennis at Wimbledon. Nadal and Federer were playing and it was a very tense match at times! We'd recorded it so we were behind with the live action and we paused it while we had dinner of Spanish ham, cheese, patatas fritas and crusty bread, all washed down with a delicious Spanish red that Sophie bought in Southwell last week.

Afterwards we resumed the tennis and witnessed Federer winning the match. So, on Sunday it will be Djokovic and Federer in the final. We're planning a buffet with Champagne and strawberries! Bring it on!

No comments: