Saturday 20 July 2019

Pottering about!

Today has been a day of just pottering around the house and staying put! We cooked breakfast for all of us (Laura had stayed over) and enjoyed the Ikea smoked sausages I'd bought the last time I was there, along with scrambled eggs, toast and beans.

We'd heard from Mike overnight so I knew he was alive but I didn't want to think too much about what he was getting up to!

Today has been a perfect drying day so I did mounds of washing and put the fridge shelves and freezer drawers onto eBay - there was no point leaving them in the fridge when we took it to the tip and if we get some pocket money for them, all good! I think Sophie wanted to go out and do things today but it was lovely to just mooch about and not have to worry about going anywhere. We're so busy during the week that I just felt I needed to re-charge my batteries! I also needed to catch up on all the little jobs I leave to the weekend and by the end of the day I was glad with what I'd achieved. And the washing smelled wonderful!

We didn't fancy cooking beef stroganoff in the evening so we had some of the cheese and biscuits that the girls had bought for last night. It was perfect for nibbling on with a glass of good red wine!


No comments: