Sunday 14 July 2019

A sporting feast!

This morning has been very busy, trying to get all of our jobs done so we could sit and enjoy the Men's Tennis Finals at Wimbledon this afternoon!

Mike and I went to the tip first thing, as soon as it opened at 10am, and took our old fridge freezer. We just about managed to get it into the car and had to strap the boot shut. I drove very, very carefully as I was petrified the thing would somehow fall out of the back and flatten a cyclist! Luckily, not one car was behind me as we made our way gingerly to Brixworth and I heaved a huge sigh of relief when we had deposited it with all the others waiting to be recycled!

Sophie and I made another trip with the cardboard and popped to the Co-op in Brixworth to buy a bottle of Champagne to celebrate with this afternoon. We then went to see my parents and took them the Sunday newspaper, but my Mum was feeling very well so we didn't stay for long. I still had so much to do at home and had taken all the shelving and the drawers out of the fridge and freezer to see if we could sell them on eBay. Unfortunately, the freezer drawers didn't fit the one we have in the kitchen which was a shame as they need replacing. I washed them and dried them but we didn't have time to put them onto the auction site today as we just didn't have the time.

Sophie helped prepare our buffet lunch and by 2pm we were all ready to watch the tennis. I don't know who arranges all the sporting events but there was certainly a clash today as the finals of the tennis were on, the Grand Prix and the final of the Cricket World Cup. The Tour de France was also taking place as well as the Women's Netball so a veritable feast for sports fans!

We enjoyed our lunch and Keith disappeared upstairs to watch the cricket while we sat and watched Federer play Djokovic. It was a great match and went on until almost 7pm! Federer at one point was so close to winning but he let it go and Djokovic went on to win. It was quite emotional when they presented the trophy!

No comments: