Sunday 21 July 2019

More pottering...

Today has been an almost exact repeat of yesterday! I did yet more washing to take advantage of the good weather and breeze - I love getting the washing out on the line!

Keith popped over to Tesco during the morning while Sophie went to the gym and at 2pm we met my parents at a house a bit further down the road that had come on the market last week. It's the same house as ours and was priced a bit high in my opinion! Mum and Dad were keen to have a look and I wanted to go with them to see if it was really worth the price they were asking.

The owners showed us around which was a bit off-putting as they knew me from seeing me about on estate and I felt like I was snooping! They had put down wooden floors throughout and new doors but the upstairs was a bit cluttered and as they never left us alone, we couldn't really have a good look. I still felt it was priced too high but Mum and Dad liked it and said they were seeing an estate agent tomorrow to get their house valued.

We walked back home and Sophie made us all a pot of tea while we chatted about the house. My worry was the stairs and they would definitely need to get a stair-lift installed. I was also worried that the original kitchen was still in situ so it would be about 18 years old, the same as ours, and no doubt in need of replacing in the near future!

After they'd gone, Sophie and I went out for a drive in the country but we were being a bit bickery with each other so after stopping and buying an ice-cream, we called it a day and went home. By now I was feeling that maybe we should have gone out and done something a bit more interesting!

Keith cooked the beef for dinner but Mike didn't arrive home until much later! At least he came home so that was a relief!

No comments: