Tuesday 2 July 2019

A frantic morning...

Sophie was up at 4am this morning as she was going to Preston for a training session with her manager, and would be staying overnight. Luckily, she was being picked up from home so we didn't have to drive her to Thrapston, but I still got up with her to see her off.

I took Mike to work this morning and Joanne and I had a very busy shift with loads of cancellations to do. At one point I had paperwork all over my desk and didn't know whether I was coming or going! I just wonder what will happen in the summer holidays (which are coming up fast) and we have almost non-stop calls to deal with!

At 2pm I headed home and mooched about with Keith for half an hour before going into town and picking Mike up from work. When we got home Sophie called me and said she was going to the hotel gym to work out for a while, which I thought was admirable seeing as she had been up so early this morning!

Keith and I played cards in the conservatory this evening and Sophie joined us on a video call! I still find it amazing that we can do this (especially when we were in San Francisco!) and it was great to have her with us while we played!

After dinner, while Keith watched the Women's football, I researched restaurants in Pollensa for when we go in September. I read some of my old restaurant reviews which definitely brought all the memories flooding back!

No comments: