Wednesday 3 July 2019

Getting things done!

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning as Keith got up to take Mike to work. We had no plans for today so I seized the opportunity to do something I've been putting off for ages - touching up the paintwork on the banisters and the skirting boards from when we painted them earlier in the year.

I put some gloss paint in an old mug and very carefully worked my way around covering up little knocks and scratches in the paintwork. We then did some recovery work in the cloakroom after the leak from the bathroom and then I carried on cleaning upstairs.

As I had time on my hands today I sorted out my underwear drawer and the bottom drawer of our chest which contains both travel stuff and winter woollies. I did throw quite a bit of stuff out, mainly old clothes that I wear in the house while I'm painting or doing housework and which wouldn't be suitable for giving to charity.

After hoovering upstairs I did downstairs and vacuumed Sophie's car. By about 3pm I'd had enough! Outside the weather was gorgeous but I was really pleased that we'd done so much in the house and ticked a few chores off the "To Do" list!

Yesterday I'd taken the plunge and ordered a new Kindle Fire as my Hudl has given up the ghost so I waited in for it to be delivered while Keith went to get Mike from work. The delivery man called at 3.15 so just after Keith left. I left it to charge before playing with it, but I wanted it to play films on or watch series like The Grand Tour, as I've joined Amazon Prime. It has Alexa on it which Keith said will spy on us and listen to what we say!

No comments: