Friday 5 July 2019

Saving a bee!

After work I went to Riverside and visited Wilco's to buy some bird food. Everything we put out, including kitchen scraps, is gobbled up quickly by our hungry birds who are probably still feeding their young. As usual, the starlings descend in flocks and hoover up everything! I'm glad to see we still have sparrows, blackbirds and pigeons, but I haven't see the robin for a while.

I also bought some more gloss paint in Wilco's as the one I used to paint one of the kitchen doors on Wednesday was full of fluff. With a new bed sheet for Mike a bottle of white spirit and some new brushes, I only spent £20 which was a bargain. I returned it all to my car and then popped into Homebase to look at the summer bedding plants. I still wanted a tray of geraniums but they only had ones in individual pots so after having a good look around (and stopping in the tile aisle) I went to get Mike.

The weather today has been beautiful - sunny and warm with lovely blue skies, but alas! that is all set to change tomorrow. Typical! When I got home I noticed a poor bee lying on the window sill so I managed to get it outside and fed it some agave nectar. Throughout the evening I went to check on it and it was still alive, but I'm not sure it'll last the night.

Keith drove himself to the pub again which was great as Sophie and I could enjoy our wine night. We watched the tennis again but it wasn't as thrilling or argumentative as yesterday! Dinner tonight was pizza, wedges and salad and Mike went off to spend the evening with friends.

We didn't have as late a night tonight as we did last Friday as tomorrow we are off to the Workhouse in Southwell!

No comments: