Wednesday 10 July 2019

A hectic day!

We had a very busy morning as Keith took Mike to work and then he came home and we took Sophie in as well. My car was going in to the garage for the mechanics to have a look at the knocking sound which we still haven't resolved, and which is getting on our nerves, especially if we drive it around town a lot, so we needed her car today.

After dropping my car off in Broughton we went off to the Weston Favell Centre and I treated Keith to a coffee and toasted teacake at Costa. This morning I think they had lost it as there were four of them behind the counter, all getting in each other's way and we waited ages for our drinks to be served. Keith was in shock at how long it took!

Tonight we were supposed to be having toad-in-the-hole for dinner but as it was warm and sunny today and Sophie was out for dinner with a friend, neither of us fancied it at all. We went into Tesco and bought some cold meats and salads to have instead. We were giving Sophie and her friend a lift into town so I knew we wouldn't want to cook when we returned home.

From the Weston Favell Centre we went to Jones's where I bought yet more bird food for our ravenous feathered friends. I think that the baby birds are starting to look after themselves now but we are still visited by a host of starlings, black birds and sparrows every day, with the bigger birds coming early in the morning and making a right racket!

I had bought some geraniums in Tesco so when we got home I planted them in some pots and pottered about for a while before having a sandwich for lunch. It was then almost time to collect Mike!

After dropping him off at home, we went to collect my car from Broughton but nothing had been done about it. The two mechanics said they couldn't work out which "bush" on the shock absorbers the noise was coming from so they asked us to bring it back when it was really bad! Well, it is now!
I was not amused, I have to say!

We left Sophie's car at the garage and drove straight to Brackmills to get her and then picked Laura up from her house. They were having cocktails at Turtle Bay near the Drapery so we dropped them off there and returned home. Keith made me a Vodka and Tonic and boy! did it hit the spot! We sat and relaxed and watched some evening horse-racing, both from this country and in the US. It was heaven to just sit and do nothing for half an hour after our busy day!

We sat and ate our light dinner and then at 9.30pm we left to get Sophie. I had taken out my contact lenses as I was reading but Keith was driving anyway and it felt very strange to be in the car and not be able to see properly!

No comments: