Thursday 18 July 2019

Remembering old times...

This morning I felt really tired as I didn't have a great night's sleep. Maybe it was the tea I drank yesterday. Work was OK but became busier as the day wore on. After collecting Mike from Abington, we called into Berzerk to say goodbye to Polly who is retiring tomorrow after 25 years of working there. We sat in my Dad's old office and we were dismayed to see it had almost been taken apart by a burglary a few weeks ago. The burglars had dragged the safe out of the office and the building and it had ended up in a wooded area nearby! Part of the ceiling was also missing and it looked a right mess!

We sat and chatted with Polly and Maureen about old times and it gave me the usual funny feeling inside when I go back. It's because I see things we bought and installed and the rock was still on the windowsill of our office which we used to prop the window open!

Mike and Keith were itching to go home, though, so I wished Polly good luck for the future and said we'd have to keep in touch. She might even do a stint at the cinema from time to time which would be a nice job!

No comments: