Monday 29 July 2019

Busy, busy!

I'd forgotten that I had a first aid training session after work this afternoon so I had to call Keith before my shift started to ask him to pick me up at 3pm.

Predictably, as it was the first Monday of the school holidays, we were hectically busy and there was only Louiza and myself manning the phones. The calls were non-stop. Stella, the cinema lady, was off sick today and although I said to Sheila I'd try to do the box office returns, I just didn't have the time.

At 2pm, the two Saras and me went downstairs to one of the studio rooms and we were given training on CPR and the use of a defibrillator. I'm just glad it was a little cooler today as it was quite energetic doing CPR and kneeling about on the floor! I was quite pleased when it was over, to be honest!

Keith had picked Mike up from work at 12pm as his arms were hurting so we went straight to Brixworth where I posted out some parcels, and then on to Tesco where we bought dinner for tonight. It had turned warm again and was about 27c so not that pleasant to be shopping and thinking about meals!

We watched the racing in the evening and I picked out a winner! Keith is having a great time putting the odd £1 or £2 onto various horses and is enjoying having an interest!


No comments: