Saturday 13 July 2019

Making space!

Like last Saturday, today dawned overcast and grey, which was a shame after all the lovely weather of last week!

Our new fridge was being delivered today so Keith and I cleared out a space for it and managed to manhandle the old one onto the driveway where it'll have to stay until tomorrow when I can get to the tip.

We swept the floor and brushed the dust and cobwebs off the walls and moved the tumble drier onto the floor by the door so it has some better ventilation. We've cleared a space for the fridge in the opposite corner so it doesn't get overheated!

I was filthy by the time we'd finished so I went off to have a hot shower and then Sophie and I left to go to Milton Keynes. I was collecting a pair of trousers from M&S and I took a box of recycling with me, some of which came from our neighbours. We now have our own scheme for crisp and snack wrappers so that cuts down some of the stuff I have to take!

We parked by Debenhams and although we had to go up onto the top floor it wasn't as busy as I'd imagined. First up was a coffee in Starbucks and then we went to M&S where I collected my trousers and Sophie enquired about a bra fitting. They were able to pencil her in at 2.30pm but on the way up to John Lewis we called into Bravissimo and they were able to measure her there and then.

She didn't like the bras they gave her, much preferring the pretty ones in M&S so after a quick visit to John Lewis where I looked at the Gins, we returned and she picked out some lovely ones in beautiful colours. To make sure she tried them on while I sat and read my Kindle. There was a constant queue of women trying on underwear in all shapes and sizes and everyone looked a bit weary and hot, the same as me!

Downstairs in the food hall I treated myself to a bottle of Warner's Elderflower Gin with a voucher I had, bought some strawberries for tomorrow and we returned to the car to drive the short distance to the restaurant hub.

Sophie wanted to go to Las Iguanas and we hadn't been for ages so we chose to eat there. It looked like at least two eateries nearby had closed down since we'd last visited - Cafe Rouge and Gourmet Burger, which was a bit of a shock.

I had imagined Las Iguanas to be empty but it was heaving with tables of women, either on hen parties or celebrating birthdays! The noise was tremendous! One group was particularly loud with raucous screaming and shrieking and the table was littered with cocktail glasses so no wonder they were all so merry!

We sat next to another group of women but they were a little quieter, thank goodness! We had a delicious late lunch of tapas accompanied by garlic flatbread and  curly fries. We chose fried cauliflower (gorgeous), nachos with chicken and a yummy pork dish as Tapas portions and the food was beautifully cooked. With a glass of wine each and a shared dessert, we really enjoyed the food, but I wished it had been a little more peaceful!

Back home we relaxed and Keith prepared hot dogs much later in the evening. They weren't brilliant, I have to admit even though we'd bought them in the US section of Tesco. Sophie was still too full from our late lunch so she didn't join us and I wish I hadn't now!


No comments: