Monday 8 July 2019

Cool down!

Keith and I had to take Mike to the recreation ground in Far Cotton today so a slightly longer trip to get him to work. His leg is still painful and there was one moment this morning when I didn't think he was going to go in, but thankfully he did. We took the bandages off to let the air get to his wound and he was fine!

I arrived at work a little later than normal and had a busy, but pleasant shift. Keith picked me up at 2pm and we popped over to the Weston Favell Centre to do our shopping and to post a parcel. Keith treated me to a coffee afterwards before we went back to get Mike from work.

Today has been lovely and sunny with warm temperatures and I've been letting the grass grow in our garden as it's full of daisies, buttercups, clover and a beautiful little purple flower. We've been trying to leave it longer between mowing to encourage the bees and insects to make the most of the flowers.

Our spare garage fridge seems to have stopped working which is a pain as we keep lots of drinks out there and it's great to have the extra space if we're entertaining. I noticed a couple of days ago that things didn't seem as cold as they used to (it was much colder than our kitchen fridge) so it looks like there's a problem. Keith called a local firm we use to repair our appliances and they're coming out tomorrow...I just hope it's repairable!

No comments: