Wednesday 26 September 2018

Traffic misery!

I took Sophie into work this morning as I had a two hour training session to attend and the plan was to finish at 11.30am and then have lunch with her. I dropped her off at 8.45am as the traffic had been terrible this morning with long queues on the main roads. I sped back to my work and had a coffee while we waited to go up to the function room for the presentation.

The training was about retaining customers and was held by a man who had a PHD in Behavioural Psychology. The main talk was an hour long and he talked at length about Disney and Starbucks, so it was quite interesting. The chairs were uncomfortable, though!

As soon as we'd finished I went to get Sophie from work and we went to Next at Riverside for a coffee. I enjoyed a sandwich and a slice of almond cake, and afterwards we had a mooch about the store but although I had a £20 gift voucher to use (from my Mum) I couldn't find anything I liked. I did spray myself with lots of different perfumes, though! Sophie bought a pair of trousers and some tops for work and they looked really smart.

I dropped her back off at work and went home to mooch about until it was time to collect Mike. As soon as I got back I decided to wash my car, which was dusty and muddy and badly in need of some TLC! It's been another gorgeous day today with warm temperatures and sunshine so ideal to spend some time outdoors. Of course, it's very social as well, and I said hello to our new neighbour, Sue, and my friend, also Sue, who lives opposite!

Keith and I went back to get Sophie at 5pm and drove back through the town as a lorry had broken down on the A43 near Sywell and was causing horrendous queues. Dinner tonight was paella and Sophie and Keith cooked it while I stood in the kitchen and completed some crosswords with a glass of wine. Bliss!


No comments: