Thursday 13 September 2018

A little disappointment...

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning with mists and shafts of sunlight as I drove to work. Not for the first time I wished I'd had my camera with me and the time to take photographs! Keith took Sophie to the station just before I left as she was going to the NEC again but this time with a different colleague.

Work was busy and we had lots of swimming lesson queries again - some parents really get heated on the subject! I finished at 3pm and returned home to pootle about and wait for Sophie to call us as we were picking her up from the station.

She pulled in at about 6pm and predictably the traffic was busy both on the way there and on the way home. Keith had been shopping today and he'd bought me a Bison Grass Vodka as my usual Elderflower Gin was out of stock. When we got home from collecting Sophie he mixed me a cocktail but I hate to say I didn't really like it - it was a bit like aniseed.

We had a delicious dinner tonight of beef casserole served in giant Yorkshire puddings and I switched to a smooth Californian red to go with the meal. Sorry, Keith!

No comments: