Saturday 8 September 2018

End of an era...

It was a lovely feeling waking up this morning and knowing I had the weekend off! Sophie wanted me to take her into work today as she had planned on getting some gifts for the people she worked with, because it was her last day. We popped into the Co-op and she bought some wine for Maureen and Polly, and cakes for the other staff.

I dropped her off and went home to have breakfast (chocolate pastries from the Co-op) before doing some housework. I then spent a lot of the afternoon researching Keith's family tree online and, as always, it turned out to be a frustrating exercise!

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and I had a long soak in the bath, which was lovely. It hasn't been the best of days, weatherwise, and there's a definite hint of Autumn in the air. When we went back to collect Sophie from work I realised that it was the end of an era for us, as although I work for the company that now owns the activity centre, I will have very little to do with it from now on so it was a bit sad. Perhaps it's for the best, though. It's been three years since we sold the business and it's time to move on!

Back home we relaxed with a drink and Keith cooked beef in a black bean sauce. Mike had gone out so it was just the three of us tucking into the lovely meal!


No comments: