Thursday 27 September 2018

Enjoying the sunshine!

Keith took me into work this morning as he was off to a funeral later - a good friend of ours who used to run The Royal Oak in Walgrave, had died suddenly at the age of 61 which was a huge shock. My parents were also going as Peter used to look after the Nans when they came to stay while my parents were on holiday years ago, and really looked after them very well, taking them out to lunch and treating them to drinks. They loved him!

Work was busy with both phone calls and admin jobs so the time flew by. I finished at 2pm rather than 3pm today so that was a little bonus! Keith came to pick me up but as Mike was doing an hour's overtime we had some time to kill. We discussed going to Waitrose for a coffee but in the end went to The Windhover for a quick drink as it's literally two minutes from where Mike works.

Over our drinks, Keith told me about the funeral and how many people had attended. There were so many that Keith couldn't get into the church! I was pleased about that as I had wanted to go myself, and it was lovely that so many old friends and acquaintances had turned up to pay their respects.

Mike didn't finish until 3.30pm so we sat in the car and I think at one point I fell asleep! We eventually arrived home at 4pm, two hours after I'd finished work! As it was such gorgeous weather again I went to sit in the garden with the newspaper until I heard a knock on the door. It was Sue who had come to collect all of her sloes that she'd stored in our fridge! She had asked to store cakes for the Macmillan coffee morning in the village but had put the sloes in there instead. They were all destined for the Warner Edwards distillery where she reckoned she'd be able to swap them for two full size bottles of Sloe Gin!

She had about 20kg of the fruit and I helped her over the road with them. Just as I was saying goodbye Richard and Michelle appeared and we had a chat before I went back to the garden to find, to my dismay, the paper scattered all over the garden!

Sophie arrived home early from work and we relaxed with a drink while Keith cooked dinner tonight, a delicious beef pie!

No comments: