Thursday 6 September 2018

Being quizzed!

Our office was very quiet this morning as there were only three of us in. We didn't have many calls first thing and then it went mad at lunchtime with lots of queries about swimming lessons! I was at work until 3pm and Keith picked me up as he'd been to do the shopping and needed the car.

I had plans to go home and do some housework but that seemed to go by the wayside and even though I did some chores that needed doing, I felt like I'd wasted the time I had! I have to say, though, that it's great to not have to go back out again and work from 3pm until 6pm!

In the evening Sophie, Keith and I ate early as we were off to the pub quiz in the village. Sue had asked us as they were short and needed three people to take part. The heavy rain that we'd had earlier had cleared away so we walked up, but unfortunately Monty thought it was a good idea to follow us, something he's never done before when we've walked the other way out of the estate. In the end, Sophie was so worried that she and I walked back and locked him in the house while Keith carried on up to the pub.

The pub was packed and we met an old neighbour who told us, very sadly, that the landlord who used to run the Royal Oak in Walgrave had passed away today. To say I was shocked was an understatement as he was only 61 and we used to be really good friends with him and his (now ex) wife. We knew he'd had health problems lately but I never thought he would pass away so young.

We joined Sue at her table as she'd had a meal before the quiz and met the other members of the team who were all ladies of a certain age! Paul was also coming along later to take part. Keith was very disappointed with his beer which was completely flat so he was already looking a bit grumpy!

The quiz eventually started and we were given a sheet of photographs of Radio DJs. Paul and Sophie had a mega argument over one picture as Sophie thought it was a young Terry Wogan while Paul was convinced it was Noel Edmonds. I found it difficult to choose!

We didn't do badly in the quiz rounds and I wished we'd taken one of my answers and one of Sophie's answers as the correct ones as we would have come joint third. The photo turned out to be a very young Noel Edmonds, so that result caused a lot of hilarity! It was a good night, but it did drag on a bit and we eventually left at almost 11pm, way past my bedtime and that of a lot of other people too! At least Sue gave us a lift home so we didn't have to walk!

No comments: