Friday 28 September 2018

Phew! It's Friday!

I was working a longer day today so we arranged for Keith to take Sophie to work so I could pick her up at 5pm as I was only ten minutes away. He dropped her off and went to do the shopping and I had a good session at work with plenty to keep me occupied. Mum and Dad popped in again as they want to become members but I wanted them to see one of the gym instructors first because of their dizzy spells and my Dad's unsteadiness on his feet.

I finished at 4.30pm and sped down to get Sophie. We took a different route to avoid the main roads and we were home by about 5.15pm. Keith and Mike went to the pub and Sophie and I settled down to watch 90 Day Fiance with a drink before preparing dinner of fish pie.

I have to say it was the nicest I've ever done and even I enjoyed it, despite not being a huge fan of the dish. With all the cooking Sophie and I have been doing, I've been adding seasoning (something I rarely did) and I sprinkled some mixed herbs over the fish as well as using white wine and cream when I mashed the potatoes. There was nothing left at the end of the meal and Keith was scraping the lovely bits off the side! I was very pleased!

Mike's at work over the weekend so Keith retired to bed a bit early as he will be taking him in the morning. Ugh!

No comments: