Saturday 1 September 2018

Driving worries.

I was back at work this morning at 8.30am and working with Sue. It's much more relaxed at the weekends as there is nobody else in the office and we're just left to get on with our work. Sue left at 2pm and I carried on until 4pm, but Sophie had sent me a text saying that my Mum and Dad were at her work and she was worried about them driving home in the new car, so I called in to find out what was happening.

My Dad had made the mistake of picking up his new Golf and driving to the very busy Weston Favell Centre rather than just leave going there for another day, and had found it difficult to adapt back to automatic driving after having a manual car for a while. We went out around the estate and I showed him how the parking brake worked and explained about the stop-start system on the car.

I then followed them most of the way home to make sure he was OK and his driving was fine. It is a worry though, when parents get older and their driving capabilities change. I'm sure than when he adapts to the new car, he'll be fine and at least he won't stall it, like he did with the Nissan!

Back at home I pootled about doing jobs and Keith came home from going to see Sileby play. They had won 3-1 and seem to be getting their old form back which has pleased Keith! We then went to pick Sophie up from work as I had taken her car today as we needed two cars!

We barbecued in the evening and Mike went off to the local music festival. We sat in the garden for a while and then cooked burgers, chicken and lamb steaks, accompanied by new potatoes and roasted veggies. It was delicious!

No comments: