Sunday 16 September 2018

A rude awakening!

Today was supposed to have been a completely lazy day with, hopefully, a lie-in, but we were woken at 6.30am by the phone ringing. Keith went downstairs but it had stopped by the time he got to it. It then rang again and when Keith answered he heard background noises but no-one spoke. He returned the call but it just rang out. I was worried it might be Mike who had stayed out with friends last night so I texted him, but neither Keith nor I recognised the mobile number that had called so it remains a mystery! It was a bloomin' nuisance because by now I was wide awake and concerned that it was one of Mike's friends calling us. He eventually returned my text and said he hadn't called so at least that was a relief!

We went out early to Thrapston to find Sophie's manager's house as she was meeting her there on Monday for a trip to Thetford. We found it easily and as we headed back I asked Sophie to contact Mike as I had a feeling he wanted a lift home....which turned out to be right! He was in town so we drove all the way to Northampton and picked him up before returning home. The morning had gone already!

In the afternoon Sophie and I listed some more stuff on eBay and immediately sold her faux leather jacket and a denim skirt! Maybe we should have stuck to the auction site after all! I went and had a lovely bath, and afterwards snoozed on our bed before we decided to go for a walk to see the horses, and take them some carrots. They were over the far side of the field but came running when we shook our bag of carrots and called to them. Only one came right up to us and couldn't gobble down our offering fast enough! The others did come over eventually but they had to be content with a handful of long grass! Monty was having the time of his life as usual, but soon scarpered when the horses came too near! We went around the estate but didn't see any other cats or dogs today!

Back home I made Sophie and I cocktails again. We had run out of Triple Sec but I mixed two measures (each) of the Bison Grass Vodka with lemon juice, honey syrup and raspberries and stirred the contents this time, applying a bit of pressure to the fruit to release the red juice. I then poured them through a sieve into wine glasses, topped up the cocktail with Prosecco and added some raspberries for decoration. Sophie said the drink was delicious and I liked it very much as well!

We sat in the conservatory and researched restaurants in San Francisco where we could eat lobster rolls, something Sophie wants to try. They ranged in price from about $15 to $35 so we might have to sell a bit more if we want to enjoy them! My daughter is keen to try lots of fish and seafood on our trip which is great!

Keith cooked dinner tonight as Sophie and I were having a break today. He cooked roast chicken with all the trimmings and when Georgia arrived to get something from Mike that he'd borrowed, we invited her in for dinner as well. By now Sophie and I were a little tipsy so we had a hilarious dinner and I dread to think what Georgia made of us! We were surrounded by all the stuff we'd tried to sell yesterday and at one point Mike spilled the entire contents of the salt grinder all over the table!

After dinner Mike's friend Connor arrived and Sophie met him properly for the first time. As he is 6'6" he towered over her, something she found very appealing. If only he was a bit older!

No comments: