Monday 3 September 2018

New job!

Sophie started work but didn't have to go in until 10am so she managed to avoid the rush hour traffic. Tomorrow she'll have to leave at about 8am!

I was at work today and we were fairly busy with calls and enquiries. Keith took me in as now Sophie will be driving her own car into work every day. We'll have to get used to the new normal!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and as Mike is on holiday this week we didn't have to go and pick him up from work. We had a bit of a hair-raising trip home as a couple of cars decided we were a target and aimed for us! I was glad to arrive safely and in one piece!

As soon as I got home I packaged up one last parcel we had to send off and we drove over to the Post Office in Brixworth to post it off. Back home we mooched about until Sophie arrived home at 5.30pm. I rushed out to greet her and was a bit dismayed to see her looking dejected. She felt overwhelmed, she said, by all the new things she had to learn, meeting new people and driving in the rush hour traffic, which she's never really had to do before. One horrible woman driver had sworn at her and sounded her horn because Sophie was in the wrong lane on a roundabout!

Keith and I sat with her in the conservatory for ages and let her talk it all out. I knew she would feel like this as it's a huge change in her life and she's really missing uni and the friends she had there. We sat and had a good talk and she was more like her old self after dinner!

No comments: