Thursday 20 September 2018

Midnight bickerings...

This morning we had rain and grey skies and Keith took me to work as he was off to do the shopping straight afterwards. Work was OK and the time really flew, which was great. Keith picked me up at 3pm and we headed home to find Georgia hanging out with Mike. He had taken another day off sick as it was a friend's birthday last night and they'd all headed into town to celebrate.

Mike asked if Georgia could stay for dinner and as we were having cottage pie it was lovely to have her eat with us. When Sophie arrived home we all played cards and tried to teach Georgia our take on Rummy. It was very difficult playing with five, though, but we had a good laugh!

The two of them disappeared after dinner and said they were going to McDonalds, but not to eat, I hoped! I was fast asleep in bed when Keith nudged me awake and mumbled something about taking his last pill of the day. I told him to go and look but Sophie was still awake so she went downstairs to check. When she came back upstairs I asked her if Mike was home because by now the weather outside was atrocious with heavy rain and strong winds. It was about 11.30pm and as he had work the next day I really would have preferred it if he was home!

She called him and he said he wasn't far away so I tried to go back to sleep, but failed. When I thought I heard him come in I went downstairs to check and let Monty out, much to Sophie's annoyance as she thought he would be in danger from the terrible weather! We had a loud bickering argument at the back door as she came downstairs and tried to get him back in. Outside the rain was falling in sheets across the road and the wind was moaning. Not a great night to be out!

Monty was nowhere to be seen so Sophie was furious with me. We both went upstairs and after ten minutes I headed back down to open the door and the cat shot in like he'd been fired from a pistol. He gave me a few loud miaows and settled himself down on the sofa. Sophie came downstairs again to give him a cuddle, but then it really was time to go and get some sleep!


No comments: