Friday 14 September 2018

A late night

It was my turn to train someone at work today, a young lad called Alex who, I later found out, knew Mike! They'd been at school together and Alex also worked at the same golf club that Mike works at. It was a busy morning, with almost non-stop phone calls, so it was great to leave at 2pm and know I had the weekend off. I went to get Mike from work and this was a little highlight of my day! I sit and wait with the car windows down to catch the breeze and read my Kindle on my phone. Bliss for about ten minutes!

At home I quickly changed and Keith and I went over to the Weston Favell Centre to get a float for tomorrow. I changed £40 into fivers, pound coins and 50p pieces in anticipation of lots of people buying our bits and bobs tomorrow! We also popped into Tesco to get something for tonight's dinner as Sophie and Mike are out and the original plan had been to have fish and chips, but we're taking Sophie into town at 7.30pm and we would have ended up eating far too late. We picked out a quiche and some salad which was perfect to come home to after our running around.

Mike went out in the evening with his friend called Connor who popped in to say hello. He is 6'6" and towered over Mike who is about 6' himself! We chatted about car insurance as Connor was driving and he said he pays about £200 a month for insurance and has loads of jobs to pay for it! Blimey!

As soon as Sophie arrived home from work she showered and changed and we picked Keith up from the pub at 7pm and drove into town. We dropped her off at a bar called "Revolution" (Revs) where she waited for her friends Daisy and Laura to arrive. She wasn't too happy that they were running late!

Back home Keith and I had dinner and then watched the television until Sophie texted me to ask us to pick her up at 11.30pm. Yawn! We drove into town and managed to park right outside Revs to wait. As usual, we saw some real sights and I'm just glad that Sophie's trips into town on a Friday and Saturday night are rare!

She was a little tipsy when we picked her up and didn't stop nattering in the back with Daisy when we gave her a lift home! She'd had two strong Long Island Iced Teas so no wonder!


No comments: