Wednesday 5 September 2018

A challenging morning!

I was in at work today as an extra shift - now that I no longer work at the school I need to find at least another ten hours a week, but I haven't quite managed to achieve that yet!

We had a busy day with some grumpy people calling us so it made for a challenging shift! The girl I work with went to the doctor's for an hour and the phones went mad! My Mum and Dad made an unexpected visit as they are looking to join the gym so I popped out for five minutes to see them and arrange for someone to show them around.

As Keith had been stuck in the house all day I drove him over to Brixworth to get a newspaper. We know how to live! Mike's new girlfriend, Georgia, was at the house when I got home and I really like her. She seems very friendly and down to earth.

I had plans to hoover or wash the car but somehow I managed to achieve very little! Our new neighbours have moved in but we haven't seen them yet and I just hope they're going to be friendly. They have just returned from a long holiday in Australia so are probably very jet-lagged!

Sophie arrived home and seemed a lot happier. She has some travel coming up and is off to the NEC next Wednesday. She looks very smart in her office wear and it feels a bit weird to see her all dressed up like that rather than in her blue polo shirt and leggings that she normally wears to work!

Mike went out in the afternoon with Georgia and didn't come home for dinner so it was just the three of us. Sophie was supposed to have been going out but a friend cancelled so we had soup, garlic bread and pudding. Not what we'd planned but it had to do!

No comments: