Wednesday 12 September 2018

A long shift!

We took Sophie to my Mum's this morning as she had to meet her boss there at 8am. From there we drove through heavy rush hour and school traffic to a very quiet Tesco's at Kettering, bought some food for tonight's dinner and then returned home to have breakfast. I was just biting into my toast when my phone rang and it was work asking if I could go in a bit early as one of the staff was feeling poorly. I said I could make it for 11am which meant I was facing a nine hour shift!

I was in for 11am and worked with Sue until 2pm and then Wendy thereafter. She was a bit of a natterer but the time did pass fairly quickly so that was a relief! Sophie had had a great day at the NEC and had met lots of people. She was able to text me to say that Dad had picked her up and she was home. I left at 8pm and walked back to the car with a crowd of people which was great as I was a little worried about walking through the dark grounds of the leisure centre to the car on my own...it's not the sort of place you want to hang about!

Back home Keith made me a drink and we enjoyed cheese and biscuits for supper. It was far too late to have a big meal so that was perfect. It was lovely to sit and catch up with what Sophie had been doing all day and I was pleased she'd enjoyed herself!

After dinner we watched an episode of Zombie House Flipping and it was the perfect end to a busy day!


No comments: