Tuesday 4 September 2018

Things improve!

We volunteered to take Sophie to work today as she had been told she couldn't park in the normal car park as they had visitors and would have to park in the pub opposite. We drove her in and left at 8am. The traffic was OK and we had a very sedate journey down to her place of work and arrived well before 9am. This could be down to the fact that the children haven't gone back to school yet, though! We also promised to pop down and take her out at lunchtime for a coffee, which she looked forward to, bless her!

At home Keith and I had breakfast and then I gave our kitchen a good clean. Over the summer we've had lots of flies in the house so I wanted to get all the worktops and the floor really clean. I worked away until lunchtime, had a shower and then drove back down to see Sophie. She seemed much happier and after a fruitless trip to the local Costa which was packed, we ended up at the pub opposite where we had a quick drink. It's been a lovely day today with blue skies and sunshine and we were almost tempted to sit outside!

After dropping Sophie back off at her office, we returned home and I started cleaning all over again after I'd had some lunch. I finished at 4pm and had just half an hour to watch the Tour of Spain before it was time to go and get her again! I'm glad we don't have to do this every day!

When she came out she was a lot happier so that was a relief! I hated to see her so miserable yesterday. We had fish for dinner and then settled down to watch Bodyguard afterwards. It's looking set to be one of our favourites!

No comments: