Friday 21 September 2018

Online grumbles...

Friday dawned a lot quieter than the night before with sunny skies and no wind. It was off to work for three of us and I'm sure I saw my friend Lynda on the treadmill as I walked to the office. I tried to catch her eye but she was too busy powering away on the machine! She looked great!

At 2pm I went to collect Mike from work and sat for a while reading until he arrived. He is still having problems getting a tax refund back from his employer and I offered to go to the office with him to try and sort it out but he wanted to go home. He said he had broken the golf ball cleaning machine and had reversed into a door so he didn't want to hang about!

We called into the post office and the Co-op on the way home as I had a parcel to send out from a sale on eBay. We haven't done badly this week and we've decided to postpone going to another car boot sale for a while. The weather this weekend is set to be wet and windy!

When I got home I discovered that a marriage certificate I'd ordered had arrived so I was able to find out the name of Keith's Great-Great Grandfather on his mother's side. He had married his wife in 1868 in Glendale in Northumberland and I would love to go and visit and stay in the area.

After recording the marriage certificate on my family tree I spent the afternoon pottering about and contributed to a discussion on our Facebook residents' page about the parking on the estate. Some of the people who live here have got their collective knickers in a twist about proposed restrictions on parking even though most of them have large driveways that are able to accommodate three or four cars! I would hate to see our lovely estate littered with badly parked cars and sometimes it makes it difficult for us to get in and out of our drive if a car is parked near us. I even got home today to find our neighbour's son's car parked at the end of the driveway!

I suppose in any community you get a broad range of people, but we seem to have more than our fair share of strong personalities, with a couple of people standing out and being, in my opinion, quite bullying. Obviously there is someone on the estate who has complained, which is why the parking restrictions have been raised, but it looks like if you have a difference of opinion to them, they don't like it! I tried to write something that took the middle path, but no doubt they'll have something to say!

Sophie arrived home unexpectedly early from work which was a real bonus, so we could start the weekend straight away! Keith walked down to the pub and Sophie and I caught up with 90 Day Fiance with  glass of wine. Dinner tonight was very easy - just prawn cocktail for Keith and I and chicken goujons for Mike and Soph. Unfortunately, my prawn salad was tasteless so I nicked a few of the goujons! I think with all the different cooking we've been doing lately Sophie and I are sometimes disappointed by blander foods and tonight I was really disappointed. Maybe I should start shopping with Keith again!!


No comments: