Monday 24 September 2018

More Birthday celebrations!

I volunteered to take Mike to work this morning as a treat for Keith and we were up and out by 5.45am. It was so dark! What a difference a couple of weeks make!

Work was OK this morning and as soon as I'd finished and picked Mike up I returned home, changed out of my work clothes and drove to the Wyevale Garden Centre at Wootton with Keith. We returned his size 8 shoes and swapped them for a pair of size 9s which fitted perfectly.

As a treat, Keith bought me a coffee in the Costa there and I enjoyed a slice of banana and pecan cake while Keith had a late lunch of a chicken salad sandwich. On the way home we called into the post office at the Weston Favell Centre so I could send out our eBay items.

We arrived home at just after 5pm and as soon as Sophie got home, she changed and we awaited Georgia's arrival before all heading into town to have dinner at The Lamplighter.

The pub was  very quiet and we found a table by the window to have a drink before we ordered. I sometimes think that Georgia feels a little overwhelmed by us as we can be quite loud and as a family we're really close, despite our occasional squabbles!

The meal was lovely, as always, and we ordered garlic breads and nachos served with beef to start, followed by the usual burgers for the children and me. Keith ordered fish and chips but they were off, so he had to settle for a steak and ale pie and Georgia chose the sausages and mash. We urged her to have a dessert but she went all shy on us and had a hot chocolate instead! Mike bought a couple of rounds so all in all it was a great night!

No comments: