Wednesday 13 June 2018

Yet another hectic Wednesday!

Keith and I took my car to the garage in Broughton first thing this morning before I then took Sophie into work as we needed her car today! Perhaps we should have three cars now!

I returned home and managed to mow the back lawn and do some tidying up before I went to collect my parents to take them to hospital for Dad's physiotherapy session at 11.30am. After I dropped them off I sped home and had a shower and then it was time to pick them up again! My Dad wanted to go and have a coffee so we went to the Costa at Tesco and he really enjoyed his Cappuccino with a bacon roll. They felt so much better for being out and it's hoped he can start driving again soon. He seems to be much better on his feet now which is a relief.

After I took my parents home I had lunch and then Keith and I watched the clock as we were expecting a delivery today but we also had to go and collect my car and pick Mike up from work. Keith said he would leave at 2pm, go and get Mike then come back for me, drop me off at work and then go and pay for the work done on my car, and park it outside the garage ready for us to pick it up when I'd finished work at 6pm. I would then go and get Sophie...phew!

However, with just minutes to spare, our delivery arrived (the Chouffe Belgian beer and glass I'd ordered last week) so we were able to speed off to Broughton, pick up my car and Keith went on his merry way to get Mike! The bill for the work on my car came to £185 which was a bit more than I was expecting, to be honest. Oh well! I returned home, did some small chores and then went off to work at 3pm, hoping that we'd get away on time tonight!

We had two women come and visit us this afternoon who were looking at what we were providing in terms of childcare (I think they were from the council) so Lisa was tied up with them for over an hour. I prepared the snack, doled it out and washed up and was a bit disappointed with the children as they thought it was great to play up a bit, even though they knew both of us were busy. There was also a lot of bickering and fighting going on so it was quite a stressful session!

We had one child left at the end and it was getting on for 6pm. The annoying thing was that we knew his mum was at home so there was no reason he was so late, especially after she'd called Lisa earlier in the afternoon to assure us she would pick him up at 5.30pm. Lisa let me go a few minutes early which was good of her and I sped off to get Sophie who had been sending me texts asking me to get there as early as I could. When I arrived they were shutting the gates so I'd got there in the nick of time! I heard from Lisa that the mum arrived on the dot of 6pm, so the poor boy had been on his own with us for almost twenty minutes!

When we arrived home we sorted out the menu for the week and bickered about Father's Day which is on Sunday, so hardly the relaxing evening I'd anticipated!

No comments: