Friday 15 June 2018

Phew! It's Friday!

I nervously told the centre manager at work this morning my news and also let Sara know. She said she was gutted and did seem genuinely upset. However, she said that if things didn't work out I could always go back which was lovely, and a bit of a relief, I have to admit. I've obviously got used to working there and knowing (mostly!) what I'm doing but I think we are going to get more jobs to do in the future and it's been hinted that the summer holidays are manic!

As news got around, I had a lot of people offer their congratulations, but Sheila, in particular, seemed sad as I do a lot of extra work for her and I'd been doing a job for her all morning in between answering calls.

I received a phone call from Sophie as I left, asking if I could pick her up. This was a real bonus as I thought I'd be going to get her at 6pm. She said that work for her was very quiet and I know that feeling only too well! June was always a terrible month when we had the business!

I was surprised to see Lisa when I got to the school as she had an interview today and told me she wouldn't be in work until about 4.30pm. She had got the job so that means there's now two of us leaving and not returning in September!

We only had seven children and we spent the whole session outside again. It was a glorious afternoon and it was great chatting to the parents when they arrived to pick up their children. Even Mike showed up to say hello and to let me know he was spending the night at a friend's house. No need for him to get up early tomorrow! He has done really well this week and I'm proud of him!

 Keith and Sophie walked to meet me and we left Keith at the pub before heading home to open a bottle of sparkling Vouvray I had put on ice to celebrate with!


No comments: