Wednesday 20 June 2018

Nibbles and wine.

Keith and I took Mike to college this morning as he had to get some work finished for his course. We then drove to Mum and Dad's to have a coffee and my Mum asked me to pick up a prescription for her at the pharmacy at Weston Favell.

I'd said to Keith I fancied doing something different today but going to the chemist and the Weston Favell Centre wasn't really what I imagined! However, we drove back over and called in to Screwfix to get some sealant for the bathroom. How I contained my excitement, I'll never know!

We did have a coffee with Sophie, though, who was at work and I was hit by that nostalgic feeling again when she produced a sign we'd bought at Gatorland in Florida when we first visited with my Mum and Dad back in 2009. The new owners didn't want it displayed any more so we could take it home with us. I felt quite teary when I thought back to buying it as it was very apt for our business at the time! It went like this:

Open most days about 9 or 10
Occasionally as early as 7, but some days
As late as 12 or 1
We close about 5.30 or 6
Occasionally about 4 or 5 but
Sometimes as late as 11 or 12.
Some days or afternoons we
Aren't here at all, and lately
I've been here just about all the time
Except when I'm someplace else
But I should be here then, too.

It's been almost three years since we owned the business but when I look around and see things we'd bought or chose, it does make me feel very emotional still.

Keith and I went home and had lunch and then I hoovered upstairs before going to the school at 3pm. It's been another glorious day so we spent the whole session out in the playground, which was lovely. I'm developing a great tan!

In the evening Sophie and I walked up to Michelle's house for wine and nibbles. We took a bottle of The Ned Pinot Gris and some breadsticks and dips to add to the feast. We sat in the living room and waited for Sue who was out gardening still. Richard came home and joined us in a glass of wine and we really had a lovely evening, with lots of naughty gossip and loads of laughter. I'd planned on being home for 10.30pm but when I asked Sophie the time she said it was 11.15pm! We scuttled off home double quick as I have work tomorrow!

No comments: