Monday 25 June 2018

Good news!

I'd managed to shelve my worries about the job over the weekend but this morning I needed to speak to somebody about retracting my resignation. Luckily, as I walked in, Sheila was standing at Reception and told me that the girl I work with on a Monday wasn't coming in so would I be OK to work on my own?

This then gave me an opportunity to say I'd made a dreadful mistake accepting the court job and would they take me back? Sheila almost danced with joy so that was enough of an answer! She then texted Sara and now everything is back to normal so that's a huge relief!

I covered the phones and at times the calls were relentless so I was very busy. I then realised that the girl who takes my place at 2pm wasn't coming in until 4pm so I offered to stay on until then and let Lisa know I would be late. As the headmaster of the school hasn't even spoken to me since I handed my resignation in, I had no qualms about supporting this job as they had been so happy to have me back and told me how much I was valued there, something that has never happened at the school (I never received an employment contract from them). I now can't wait until the school breaks up for the summer on the 20 July! I told Lisa I will work the extra week to help out so everyone was pleased. Phew!

At 4pm I sped to work and parked right outside the school. I found Lisa and the children sheltering from the heat in the small lean to and I was glad to see there were only five children booked in. Amazingly, everyone went early so I was able to go home at 5.30pm. What a bonus! I sat with Keith and Sophie in the cool of our living room and we just talked about our day, especially as Mike had been late for work this morning as he'd been out at a friend's house and Keith had been looking for him in the village at 6am. That's the last time he's staying out on a night before work!

We had a simple supper of soup, crusty bread and croutons and enjoyed a chocolate dessert and cream for pud! The weather is set to get even hotter in the middle of the week so we've planned very light meals! I think we need to invest in a barbecue!

No comments: