Friday 8 June 2018

Time drags!

After being busy for the last few days it was a bit of a shock to have a quiet day at work, and the time really dragged. However, just before my shift finished one of the other managers showed me how to do a new job which would have kept me busy all morning!

On the way home I called to pick up Mike who had been at college. Keith and Sophie were at the hospital as it was time for Keith to have his routine body scan and our daughter had gone with him in my place. I felt awful for not being able to go with him, but Sophie was a fine substitute.

We only had four children in the after-school club so the time dragged a bit there, as well. However, it was great to give our attention to the children we did have and I think they enjoyed themselves! Keith and Sophie called in on their way home and it was great to catch up with them after the hospital visit. The weather today has been a lot better and we've had a good dose of sunshine and blue skies.

When I walked down to the pub to get the car, Sophie and Keith met me and a lot of people were starting the weekend on a good note by having a drink outside on the picnic tables. Keith stayed for a drink while Sophie drove me home and we started watching the last film in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I was really tired, though, so we decided to leave it until another time! I just wanted to sip a glass of wine and chill out on the sofa! It has been a long week!

No comments: