Thursday 21 June 2018

A small shock...

I woke up feeling a bit tired and headachy this morning and although we hadn't had that much to drink, I think it was the combination of Prosecco, The Ned and the two different reds that caused me to feel a bit hungover. I'm glad Keith was driving!

As the morning wore on I felt a bit better and did a lot of work for Sheila so that made the time go quite quickly. When I came out at 2pm my Mum and Dad were in the car as Keith had taken them to the doctor's. We took them home and then Keith dropped me off before going to get Mike from work. We cut it very fine!

We didn't have that many children in the after-school club and again, we went out into the playground and made the most of the sunny and dry weather. It hasn't rained for ages now and next week is set to be a heatwave with temperatures hitting the 30c mark! Phew!

When I arrived home I found that my contract for the court had been emailed to me and I received a bit of a shock when I saw my salary - it was paltry and I'm sure it was lower than I remembered! I also had another worry as there was no mention of car parking in the welcome letter. I knew the car park next to the court charged £8 a day and with that salary and the cost of diesel getting there and back, it would leave me with very little every week. I was angry with myself for not asking the question sooner (at interview would have been ideal!) so I emailed the woman who had spoken to me about the start date and I just now need to wait to see what she she says. If there is no available staff parking, I have a bit of a dilemma!

No comments: