Sunday 10 June 2018

An encounter with dinosaurs!

Today has been beautiful, with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine. Keith and I went to Tesco this morning and I bought a pack of tonic water to go with the Gin I bought yesterday. On the way home we called to see Mum and Dad and had a quick coffee.

As soon as we got back I washed my car as it was filthy. I want Keith to get a quote for the scratches on my car tomorrow when he takes ET in to have the bumper repaired. After I'd washed the car Keith and I had a wander around the garden and noticed that a tree on our neighbour's side of the garden was completely dead. We have no idea why it should suddenly die but I'll try and get in touch with Sarah and we'll offer to cut it down.

I then tackled the bird mess on our conservatory roof, which is a real nuisance. We'd only cleaned the conservatory a few weeks ago and it's filthy again with a thick sticky substance coating the glass and ample dollops of bird poo. I cleaned off as much as I could in the limited amount of time I had and then went inside to get a bath!

In the early evening we all went off to Milton Keynes to Cineworld to see the latest Jurassic Park film, Fallen Kingdom, in 4DX. Sophie treated us to popcorn and drinks and we took our places in the busy theatre. We were certainly thrown about a lot with this film and soon Sophie and I were screaming and laughing! We enjoyed the film and it ends with a bit of a cliffhanger, awaiting the next instalment in 2021, I think!

We went to The Banana Tree for dinner afterwards, in the Milton Keynes hub. It was quiet, which I hadn't expected, and we were seated at a long table in the middle of the restaurant. This was a bit unfortunate as Mike decided to start an argument about tattoos. As you can imagine, we didn't have the best of evenings and although the food was very good I'm not sure we'll go back. I started with chicken dumplings (as did Sophie) and I enjoyed a very tasty sweet and sour crispy chicken to follow.  Mike didn't enjoy his noodle soup at all and said it was nowhere as good as Akasaka. We all had a beer and the bill came to £93 and that was with a 20% student discount!

We left at about 9.30pm and had a very good journey home on the M1. It was great that it was still light! Mike starts his new job tomorrow and judging by his mood tonight, I don't think he is looking forward to it one bit!

No comments: