Tuesday 5 June 2018

Coming to the rescue!

Keith, Sophie and I went to sort out my Dad's tyre today and had borrowed Sue and Paul's inflator so we could get to the garage in Kettering.

It was another grey and chilly start to the day but we had been promised sunshine later. Keith pumped the tyre up and I followed Sophie and Keith to Kettering. We'd already rung them to ask if they could either repair the tyre or replace it so at least we knew it would be done today. We left the car there and drove to Tesco to do some shopping for tonight and tomorrow. Of course, we had a coffee at Costa...it would have been rude not to! While we were shopping the garage called and said they could only replace the tyre so I agreed to do the work on behalf of my parents.

Once we'd finished our shopping (amid quite a bit of bickering as we couldn't decide what to have on Wednesday!) we went back to get the car to find it hadn't even been started on yet! We sat and waited and after about half an hour one of the mechanics appeared with a long nail! It looked lethal!

Mum and Dad were really glad to have had the work done so after bidding farewell to them we sped home and I caught up with a few little jobs in the garden. My compost heap is coming along nicely but I added some cardboard to it and an egg box to balance the "browns" and "greens"!

We had quite a few more children at the after school club today and a new little boy who was really sweet. They all played happily in the playground and then we went in for a while as it was still chilly. However, the weather brightened up at about 5pm and we all went back out to play.

Keith and Sophie met me tonight but we managed to resist going to the pub! We're all trying to be good and Keith and I played cards with a glass of water each!

No comments: