Saturday 2 June 2018

Doing jobs!

Keith and I popped around to see Mum and Dad this morning and had a coffee before heading home and finishing off some jobs we had to do. I sorted our recycling boxes out as now we have a big wheelie bin to put all of our bottles, papers, etc into. Our household (i.e. non-recyclable) waste collection has been changed to every three weeks which I think is a disgrace. Rather than the weekly recycling collection we used to have, this has now been stretched to two weeks. Is it really so bad in our country that basic services are being cut like this? I fondly remember in Florida we had waste and recycling collected twice a week!

Talking of waste, Mike decided to have a clear out of his room and chucked out his old chest of drawers, along with loads of clothes that either no longer fitted or he didn't want. This has been long overdue! He also changed his bed around so it's at the opposite end of his bedroom. How he did it by himself I'll never know!

I finished off glossing Sophie's skirting board and we brought the shelving unit she no longer wants downstairs to put in the study. It looks great there and has freed up some space elsewhere as we can fill it with books that I've secreted all over the house. It'll be nice to have easy access to them once again!

I was bitten this morning when I ventured out into the garden! I had only been outside for five minutes and received three nasty bites on my arms. I think they're horseflies and Sophie was bitten yesterday when she went for a walk with Keith. You don't think you can get bitten like that in your own back garden but immediately they came up in angry red bumps. Horrible!

In the afternoon Keith and I went to the tip with Mike's discarded rubbish and drove on to take Sophie's chocolates into work for her as she'd forgotten to take them this morning. It's been a lovely day today with blue skies and sunshine. When we returned we sat in the garden for a while, all three of us, and soaked up the sun. We even had a beer as Sophie drove herself to work this morning!

Before she came home I hoovered downstairs and tidied everything up. I'd put some books on the shelving unit and we'd had to move our wine rack so now the wine bottles are horizontal rather than vertical but we think it looks better!

No comments: