Saturday 30 June 2018

Dead flies on the windowsill...

After Sophie went to work this morning, Keith and I drove to the Co-op at Moulton as I needed to get a 50th birthday card for my friend Andrea whose party we were going to this evening. They didn't have anything suitable so I said we'd go to Beckworth instead. On the way, we came across a little accident where an elderly lady had somehow managed to wedge her Mini up onto a very high kerb and was well and truly stuck. Keith got out to see if he could help and a man in front also get out to help but it meant none of us could go any further.

Eventually, they managed to push the car a bit so we could all drive past and a woman stayed with her until more help arrived. We drove to Beckworth and I found a lovely card, so that was a relief! I really should have got one earlier in the week!

Back home we had a quick breakfast and then I made a start on the conservatory. I am totally fed up with all the dead flies, cobwebs and general muck so I laboured away, up and down the step ladders until things looked a lot better. Keith came to help and after a lot of toing and froing we changed all the furniture around so we can now open the double doors that lead out onto the gravel garden. The sofa was originally in front of them so we never opened them, which was a shame. In the middle of it all, Mike suddenly appeared with his friend Brad and they changed and showered before disappearing again!




Our Southwold stone man and the shells from Sanibel




It felt great to finally finish as it was really hot work! I was so pleased with how it all looked and after cleaning the soffit above our garage door and the door itself, I went and put a colour on my hair and relaxed a bit!

Sophie arrived home from work and approved of the changes we'd made and while she ate her dinner Keith and I got ready to go out. The party was being held in the cellar bar of a pub in the village of Ecton and it was in full swing when we arrived. Andrea looked stunning in her dress and there were lots of very tanned people all having a great time. Parties aren't really my thing but we stayed for almost two hours and it was lovely chatting to Fiona and her husband, and Lynda who looked very glamorous.

We were home before 10pm and Keith made me a delicious Gin and Tonic to relax with before bed!

No comments: