Thursday 14 June 2018

Good news at last!

We awoke to a windy, overcast day and apparently Storm Hector is affecting northern parts of the UK.

I had a busy session at work but my job doing the cinema box office returns has now ended. The woman who normally does them returned from holiday and she gave me no feedback at all as to how I'd done - not even a thank you! I felt like an old discarded sock!

My phone had pinged a few times during the morning and on my way to the car I checked my messages and I had a voicemail from the woman at the court...I'd passed all the vetting and when could I start? Hooray! However, as I ended the message I must have pressed 3 by mistake I deleted the message with details of her mobile phone number! I couldn't believe it!

I dashed home and frantically tried to find the number of the court but all I got was an automated message! Finally I got through to the Clerk's office and a woman I spoke to had the number I needed. I phoned straight away and we have decided on the 16 July, one week before the children break up for the summer holidays!

I was almost late for work as I had been mucking about with the number so I dashed off again and made it just in time! We had a fair amount of confusion this afternoon with the children attending but it was all sorted out in the end and we had about 16 children! We spent the whole time outdoors as the weather had improved from this morning and it was sunny and warm.

Sophie cooked enchiladas for dinner with spicy stir-fried vegetables and they were delicious!

No comments: