Friday 1 September 2017

Autumn arrives...

After dropping Sophie off at work today I came home and enjoyed a coffee in the garden with Monty. It certainly wasn't warm though, and there is a definite hint of Autumn in the air! Keith went for a walk and when he returned he said he wanted to go and pick some blackberries as a neighbour had very kindly given us some apples, and he fancied apple and blackberry crumble.

I was only too pleased to accompany him as it was a gorgeous day and the temperature had risen slightly. We didn't have to go far to find some juicy blackberries and they went into a basin to be washed and used later in the day.

I went and collected Sophie from work and when we returned I helped Keith make the crumble, using a Hairy Bikers recipe. It went into the oven for forty minutes and Sophie and I went over to Beckworth for a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

It wasn't too busy so we didn't have to wait and I enjoyed a scone with jam and cream while Sophie chose a delicious slab of Victoria sponge cake. It looked lovely and she took the raspberries off and gave them to me to eat. Yum! After eating we mooched about but none of the plants caught my fancy so, after buying some chocolate, we headed home.

Mum and Dad called and popped around for a cup of tea and they had some good news. While we were away in Florida they'd been given a parking ticket at the Weston Favell Centre for parking outside the white lines. I'd been furious about it especially as my parents use the disabled spaces and have been customers for over 40 years. I urged them to appeal and the Citizen's Advice where I used to volunteer also helped them to draft a letter which had obviously done the job as they had been let off. I was very pleased but still annoyed that they'd been given a ticket in the first place, especially as the car park is free!

Surprisingly, it rained in the evening so I gave Keith a lift to the pub and returned home for a glass of wine and a recorded episode of Celebrity Masterchef. It was very entertaining!


No comments: