Saturday 30 September 2017

Having a clear out!

I decided to tackle our cabinet in the study today and what a job it was! All the drawers are stuffed with papers so it makes it difficult to get anything else in there, or find important things! I had a good clear out and moved the cabinet away from the wall so I could hoover and dust behind it...it was cobweb city!

Everyone (apart from me) in the family have also said that the cabinet is cluttered so I decided to clear it all away. All the books were put upstairs and Keith fixed the fairy lights for me so it looks very pretty at night now. I've kept a little chest of drawers that my Mum bought for me and which are great for storing odd bits and pieces, like batteries and hair clips! I also kept our mugs from the Berlin Christmas markets and the two photos from Gatorland of Mike and Sophie with snakes and baby alligators.

At 12pm we took Mike to work but as we were driving home he called to say he wasn't expected in today! I was about to turn around and go back when he said he would stay in Brixworth and go and see his mates. It's next Saturday he's working an extra shift, not today!

Keith went off to Sileby play in the afternoon so after I'd finished cleaning downstairs I had a lovely hot bath and then watched the World Rowing Championships on the television. I'm not normally a fan of rowing but they were coming from Sarasota and I wanted to see what the weather was like in Florida...it was cloudy!

Mike called to say he was going to stay overnight with his friend so it was just the three of us for dinner of chicken in a black bean sauce with noodles. Keith decided not to watch Black Lake with us but we enjoyed the two episodes very much, even though Sophie resorted to hiding behind a cushion again!

No comments: