Saturday 16 September 2017

Mike goes awol...

I was at a loose end today and my plan to paint one of our interior doors didn't appeal at all! After dropping Sophie off at work Keith and I went down to Majestic to see my former co-workers. It was great to have a chat and we bought six bottles of wine - three of The Ned Pinot Grigio and three of the Portuguese Porta 6, which is delicious.

I tried calling Mike to say we were in Northampton but there was no answer - in fact, his phone went straight to voicemail. Back home Keith and I had breakfast and then we made a walnut, banana and pear loaf. I know I should have knuckled down to something but I just didn't feel like it! However I did go out and wash my car in the afternoon, because the sun came out and I believed that the rain had stopped for the day...

How wrong I was! The minute I finished drying the car it began to rain and it really came down! I had been trying to get hold of Mike since the morning and was starting to worry that he hadn't contacted us and that he hadn't been on Messenger since the previous evening. Sophie then tried to get in touch with him via all his accounts - Instagram, Messenger and Twitter - and he finally called us at home. I was really angry with him and I'm glad Keith spoke to him and not me.

He wanted picking up in Brixworth so we sloshed over to get him and were dismayed to see him arrive with filthy, muddy jeans. His new white trainers were black with dirt and he'd ripped the Ralph Lauren shirt he'd bought in Florida in the thrift store. He stated he'd been pushed over and had banged into a gate, but we both suspected there was more to it than that, especially as he had scratch marks all over his arms and his back. Naturally, as soon as we started to question him he went all defensive so we dropped it and as soon as he arrived back home he jumped straight into the shower. Boys!

He didn't dare ask if he could go out tonight (as previously planned) as my answer would have been a resounding no! We had a quiet dinner and then Sophie and I watched a new Swedish drama called Black Lake. It was a bit scary!

No comments: