Friday 29 September 2017

Backwards and forwards!

We had a very early start this morning as Mike was off to London and had to be at college at 6.45am to get the coach. We woke him up at 5.30am so he had plenty of time to get ready and Keith took him, even though I hadn't gone back to sleep!

Keith, Sophie and I called to see Mum and Dad for a coffee and a chat first thing and we helped Dad connect his phone to their house wifi, but turn the roaming ability off. He insists on getting expensive smartphones when really all he needs is a basic phone to make and receive calls, but we sorted him out so hopefully he won't get any high bills because he inadvertently had his wifi on all the time!

We dropped Keith off at home and then popped to Brixworth library to pick up some clothes I'd ordered. It's been a dull day today with masses of heavy cloud hanging over our heads but it has stayed dry, thank goodness. Just lately, for some reason, it seems to rain a lot at night!

From Brixworth we drove to Riverside as I needed to go and buy myself a hair colour. My grey bits are starting to poke through again and it seems incredible that the last time I'd put a colour on my hair was in Naples, the Sunday before we returned from our holiday, nearly six weeks ago! I managed to get my favourite hair colour in Boots, which was good as I'd hunted for it yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere. I've been using John Frieda's range and it seems to last much longer than any other hair colour I've tried. Sophie bought some make-up and then we headed for Subway for a sandwich. I felt very wistful - the last time we had one of their sandwiches was at the garage on the 997 in Florida, on our way back from the Keys. The view today as we sat and ate our lunch was a little different! Sophie also treated me to a McFlurry so we have had our fair share of naughty foods today!

At work in the afternoon we watched Homeward Bound and there were a couple of scenes in the film that upset our little ones. When the cat falls in the river, one of the younger girls became very upset and I gave her a cuddle, reassuring her that she was OK and would be saved! Then, the two dogs are chased by a Puma and one of the boys from Year 1 came running up to me to say he was scared! He received a lovely cuddle too until he was happy to go back and sit down!

Lisa wanted to put on the whole Harry Potter series of films, but I told her that the young children would be traumatised by the Dementors and Voldemort! Not really a great idea!

We left work a bit earlier than normal even though some of the mums who arrived to pick up their offspring hovered around for ages! I drove home and met Keith on the way who said that Mike still wasn't home as he'd only left London at about 4pm. I turned around and drove to Sophie's work where it looked like she'd been very busy as there were cars in the second car park! She was nowhere near ready so I called Mike and asked him to phone me when he was turning off the M1. He said he was still on the outskirts of London so I didn't expect him for a while!

Just as we arrived home, Mike called to say he was coming into Northampton! I won't repeat here what I said! I dashed inside to check on the curry that Keith had left in our slow cooker, and then Sophie and I retraced our steps back into Northampton to pick him up from college!

By the time we arrived home again, it was almost time to go and pick Keith up from the pub! My glass of wine when I eventually got home for the night was most welcome!

No comments: