Saturday 2 September 2017

Spiders again!

It's been another gorgeous day today but the mornings and evenings are decidedly chilly! We took Sophie to work and I dropped Keith off at the nature reserve so he could walk home. I read the newspapers and then, with Monty, took a walk around the garden to see what was happening in our gravelled area. I received a shock when I saw the state of the conservatory windows...they were filthy and covered in cobwebs and dead leaves.

I really had no choice but to knuckle down and wash all the windows, dodging spiders as I went! They really have taken over this house during the summer! I dread to think what the place would look like if we'd left it any longer!

Keith came back with a grazed knee as he'd slipped over, so we took care of that and he made me a coffee. I sat with Monty for five minutes and then got back to work. I decided to have a go at the windows at the front of the house and discovered that our front door was also covered in cobwebs! I began to feel like they were crawling all over me. Yuk!

Mike went off to the local "Groove on the Green" and Keith went to watch Sileby play so I had the house to myself. I made a mad dash for the bath after putting our fresh bedding back onto the bed and had a good soak. I felt so much better afterwards and decided to relax for the rest of the afternoon. I feel I had deserved it!

On the way to picking Sophie up from work we met Mike who came with us. He looked a bit groggy and when we returned home he disappeared to his bedroom and wasn't seen again until later in the evening! Keith cooked beef stroganoff and Sophie and I stood in the kitchen to keep him company while he prepared the meal. I showed her all my hard work and said that from now on, I was going to tackle jobs in the house on a Saturday, leaving Sunday free for a funday!

No comments: