Thursday 21 September 2017

Another first...

This past year seems to have been a year of doing new and different things and today, after 49 years, I had my first filling. Not really something to be proud about, admittedly, and I was certainly dreading my appointment!

My lovely daughter came with me to hold my hand and I was glad she was there, as although the experience wasn't painful, it felt very weird! The dentist injected two shots of local anaesthetic into my left lower gum and while that was working he gave me a scale and polish, something I hate at the best of times!

As soon as the anaesthetic was in, the left hand side of my face felt very strange and balloon-like! It wasn't a pleasant feeling! The filling was done quite quickly and then I was free to go, albeit with a numb cheek, tongue and left ear! I drove home and attempted a cup of coffee and a breakfast bar and waved Sophie off on a driving lesson.

Keith arrived home minutes after she had left as he had been at the doctor's for a check-up (everything very good). Mike was doing an extra shift at work as he has Wednesdays and Thursdays off at college, so Keith and I went shopping on our own. Once that was all done we returned home for lunch and thankfully the anaesthetic had worn off...finally!

The afternoon at work was very chaotic as we had nineteen children at the after school club, more than any other day. To make it worse it was raining so they couldn't go out and play and the noise level was tremendous! There's always a basket of musical instruments kept in the hall and invariably they find them and begin bashing drums and maracas!

The last child was picked up at 6pm on the dot and it was lovely to drive home and sit in the quiet!

No comments: