Friday 22 September 2017

New job?

It's Keith's birthday on Sunday so after dropping Mike off at college this morning, Sophie and I drove down to Riverside to visit Next. We wanted to have a look in the shop to see if we could come up with some inspiration for a gift! He's the hardest person to buy for!

We meandered around the menswear department, but we soon realised that nothing would do. He doesn't need any more clothes, he has plenty of "lounging around" things to wear (including two onesies!) and he certainly isn't a man-bag type of person! We had a coffee and a cake at the Costa inside Next and then popped to Boots.

Sophie bought some make-up while I decided on a bottle of Boss aftershave, which came with a free weekend bag. He does need some quality scent so this will have to do! It smelled lovely. From Riverside I took Sophie to work and then after filling up with diesel (we may be going out for the day on Sunday) I went to Lings Forum as there may be a job for me there, manning the phones in their contact centre.

I met a very friendly and chatty lady called Sarah and she explained what the job involved, giving me a brief look at the computer systems and showing me the enormous range of activities that the company offer in terms of fitness classes and children's clubs. It's quite ironic as this is the same organisation that bought our family business two years ago!

On the way out I met Georgie who works closely with both Lings and the activity centre and we had a lovely chat. I was very pleased about how the meeting turned out and Georgie said he would email all the contracts and forms over to me.

As it was a gorgeous day I returned home to have lunch and sit in the garden with Monty. Now our tree is gone, we certainly get far more sun than we did before and sitting on the bench, with the sun full on my face was bliss!

Our film for this afternoon at the after-school club was Alvin and the Chipmunks and after it had finished the children were able to go out and play. We were all finished by 5.30pm today so it was home to make a start on preparing dinner before it was time to go and collect Sophie from work.

Dinner was fish pie, not one of my favourites, but tonight I enjoyed it more than usual...maybe it was the cream I put into the mashed potato!

No comments: