Thursday 14 September 2017

A little shopping.

This morning, along with Sophie and Mike, I picked up my Mum and we drove over to Rushden Lakes to do some shopping. First up was a coffee at Costa in Next - there's certainly no shortage of places to eat and drink at the new shopping centre, but there were no cashpoints, which was a shame as Sophie wanted to draw some money out.

We had a mooch around Next and then popped into M&S where I bought myself a new bra. Everything was brand new and it's a really pleasant place to spend a couple of hours shopping, especially as there is a lakeside walk with more restaurants to be added at a later date. I did initially think I would come here rather than go to Milton Keynes, but now I'm not so sure. The sheer size and variety of shops in Milton Keynes is hard to beat!

Sophie and Mike had a good look at the trainers in Schuh and JD Sports but we didn't venture into House of Fraser as there were lots of make-up counters in there and Sophie didn't want to be distracted! It was a bright and breezy day but a little on the cold side so we stayed for a couple of hours and then we took my Mum home.

In the afternoon, at work, the children collected leaves and made them into pictures with paint. As expected, it went everywhere and then one of them knocked over a water pot! They looked like they'd had fun, though!


No comments: